You’re done buying your new home and, at last, the moving truck’s been unloaded. Now it’s time to unpack and make the new place your own – a labor-intensive process that will go a lot easier when you follow these five quick tips.
What high-end homebuyers seek, and sellers should consider…
- Luxury buyers look for anything but cookie-cutter, while convenience, style and recreation opportunities make the top of their wish list.
- A ranch-style featuring a designer kitchen, blended living space and mixed-metal trimmings — such a house would embody 2017 luxury, so long as it was also decked out in smart home technology.
- That’s according to twin brothers Jonathan and Drew Scott, co-founders of Scott Brothers Entertainment and Scott Living.
- The duo and HGTV hosts — real estate agent (Drew) and fixer-upper transformer (Jonathan) — launched their first book this year, New York Times’ best-seller Dream Home: The Property Brothers’ Ultimate Guide To Finding & Fixing Your Perfect House, along with a luxury home project in Las Vegas: Dream Homes by Scott Living.
- The project offers well-to-do buyers the chance to snag a new build from their portfolio of customizable original designs.
- What do the brothers have to say about this year’s biggest luxury design trends, features and homebuyer requests? Which investments add value, and where should the top 1 percent of sellers refrain from splurging?
Originally posted on Houzz
If you are planning to put your house on the market, it goes without saying that you are hoping to sell your home as quickly as possible and get your asking price. Set the stage for success with these 21 tips for styling and upgrading your home, and see results — fast.
1. Boost curb appeal. This is something you always hear, and with very good reason. Many people thinking of touring your home will do a quick drive-by first, often deciding on the spot if it is even worth a look inside. Make sure your home is ready to lure in onlookers with these tips:
- Power wash siding and walkways (How to Wash Your House)
- Hang easy-to-read house numbers
- Plant blooming flowers and fresh greenery
- Mow lawn, and reseed or add fresh sod as needed
- Wash front windows
- Repaint or stain the porch floor as needed
According to HuffPost…
If you’re just beginning to invest in real estate, you’ll find that there’s a lot to learn. Real estate investing is more complicated than investing in stocks because of the financial, legal, and extensive due diligence requirements involved. That’s why it’s a good idea to give yourself a solid education before you purchase your first investment property.
However, before you get your advanced degree, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the fundamentals. To that end, here are 5 basic tips for investing in real estate.
Hiring an Agent can be difficult if you don’t know the right questions to ask.
Here are some key topics you should investigate prior to working with a REALTOR®.
How many listings have you marketed & sold in the past few years?
Over the past few years, we listed and sold 96 properties. In addition, we represented buyers in 42 property sales.
What were the average Days to Offer / Days on Market?
The average agents Days to Offer is 24 days, COVELLE & COHEN is 14 days! The average agent’s Days on Market is 70, COVELLE & COHEN sells in nearly half the amount of time with an average of 33 Days on Market.
What was the average ratio between the listing price & the final selling price?
Our list to sale price ratio is 103.3 %! With of an average list price of $600,000, this means an extra $18,810 for our sellers.
Will my home be “enhanced” on the most visited Real Estate websites such as realtor.com; Boston.com; & Zillow.com? How many websites will my home be marketed on?
Absolutely, we go above and beyond to market your home with expertise and enthusiasm. Once we place your home in the MLS, the property is given enhanced exposure on Zillow.com, Realtor.com, Trulia.com, and Boston.com to name a few. In addition, all our listings are prominently featured on covellecohen.com, and actively promoted on our Instagram and Facebook pages. Beyond that we implement ad campaigns on various platforms and send out a custom email blast to our database to ensure that anyone looking for that property type is aware that it is available and currently on the market.
Do you have a feedback system and if so, how does it work?
We use a system called Showing Time, which allows agents to submit feedback on the home after they view it with their clients.
How will you communicate with me regarding your efforts?
We have scheduled updates for all of our clients to ensure that they are aware of the marketing and the levels of activity and interest on their home or property. Aside from that, we make it a priority to be responsive to all of our clients.
How will you verify that the buyer is qualified to purchase my home?
If a buyer is seeking to finance, we want them to have a pre-approval from a reputable bank or mortgage company and an experienced and effective loan officer. Beyond that, we verify that the loan they seek is the appropriate kind to finance the purchase of your home or property.
If a buyer is purchasing without financing, we verify that they have sufficient funds to purchase your home or property.